- Has your child been having behavior problems?
- Does your child struggle to follow directions or act aggressively when things don’t go his/her way?
- Do your child’s emotions seem more intense than what you’d expect?
- Have there been changes in your child’s life such as parental separation, a new sibling or school?
- Does your child have anxiety?
- Does s/he hesitate to try new things? Does s/he seem “clingy” or worried?
- Has your child witnessed or experienced something difficult?
- Are you worried about how this is impacting her/him?
Help for anxiety, behavior problems or low self-esteem in children.
Children often express their emotions through their behavior. Changes in your child’s behavior or increased reactions to typical events may indicate your child is struggling with something that may be difficult for him/her to put into words. If you think your child’s behavior may be trying to tell you something or if you have tried countless strategies to help your child, call now and talk to one of our therapist to learn if counseling may help.
Counseling can help.
Does your child need extra reassurance? When you offer reassurance, does it seems like it doesn’t ‘stick’ and they need additional or ongoing assurance? Do you talk over and over about how to handle disappointment without physical aggression, only to watch the aggression return when things don’t go his/her way? This is so hard! We all want to encourage and believe in our children but sometimes it can feel like nothing works. Our child therapists are trained to help children through difficult issues and consult with parents and caregivers to support their children. Our child therapists offer a wide range of techniques to engage children, including play therapy. We offer child centered play therapy which is an effective modality for children aged 3-12. Please see our blog post titled: Play therapy, more than just playing, for more information about play therapy.
Here are some of the issues our therapists have experience with:
- Physical, sexual and emotional abuse
- Anger and aggression
- Major Medical illness/procedures
- Adjustment Disorders
- Anxiety/difficulties separating
- Difficulties with limits
- Low self esteem
- Grief and Loss
- Life/Family changes
- Behavior problems
How do I know if counseling is right for our family?
Call us today!
Contact a child therapist in the Woodbury, MN office (also serving neighboring St. Paul, MN and Oakdale, MN) call 651-370-8343.